Evangelical School for The Young Years offers an excellent preschool program for children three and four years of age. Children need to be three by September 1st to register for the program.
There are three classrooms devoted to the program. Each of the three rooms has a specific purpose. The children will have the opportunity to visit each room every day of school with their two teachers. The three rooms are art, centers and gross motor. The “Centers” room provides children the opportunity for a wide range of play-based learning while building relationships with all the children in the class as the groups change. Some centers include but are not limited to: dramatic play, manipulatives, music, literacy, building/construction, listening, library, and discovery/science. The children also have a snack each day.
Highlights of the preschool program
- There are two teachers per class.
- Class sizes are limited to sixteen for three-year-old students and twenty-one for four-year-old students.
- Classes rotate through three rooms, each with a specific purpose.
- A Growth Book is developed for each individual student throughout the year and discussed with parents at Parent-Teacher conferences in the spring.
- Goals for the program are aligned with the Illinois State Early Learning and Developmental Standards and address the academic areas of language arts, math, science, social studies, and fine arts.
- Field trips are planned for the four-year old program and an end of the year field trip is planned for the entire school.
- Students have the opportunity to visit the school library once a month.
- Two-day and three-day morning programs are offered for three year old students.
- Three-day and five-day morning programs are offered for three year old students.
- Three-day and five-day all day programs are offered for both three year old and four year old students.
- Children attend school from 9:00 am to 11:30 am for the morning program and 9:00 am to 3:00 pm for the all-day program.