Evangelical School for The Young Years offers an excellent preschool program for children three and four years of age. Children need to be three by September 1st to register for the program.
The objective of the program is to expose a child to a fun and enriching learning environment. The following developmental areas are emphasized.
Social and Emotional Development
Gross and Fine Motor Development
Visual and Auditory Perceptual Development
Receptive and Expressive Language Development
Highlights of the preschool program
- There are two teachers per class.
- Class sizes are limited to sixteen for three-year-old students and twenty-one for four-year-old students.
- A Growth Book is developed for each individual student throughout the year and discussed with parents at Parent-Teacher conferences in the spring.
- Goals for the program are aligned with the Illinois State Early Learning and Developmental Standards and address the academic areas of language arts, math, science, social studies, and fine arts.
- Field trips are planned for the four-year old program and an end of the year field trip is planned for the entire school.
- Students have the opportunity to visit the school library once a month.
- Two-day and three-day morning programs are offered for three year old students.
- Three-day and five-day morning programs are offered for three year old students.
- Three-day and five-day all day programs are offered for both three year old and four year old students.
- Children attend school from 9:00 am to 11:30 am for the morning program and 9:00 am to 3:00 pm for the all-day program.