Plan for In-Person Instruction
Evangelical School has made plans for the return of students to our building. Using the guidance provided to us by the Illinois State Board of Education in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Public Health, the following safety precautions will be followed:
- All students and staff will be required to wear face masks while inside the school.
- Visitors to the school will be extremely limited. All visitors must wear a face mask while inside the school.
- Classrooms will be organized to space students six feet apart.
- Classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily. Emphasis will be placed on high touch surfaces and common areas. Restrooms will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- All students and staff will be required to have a symptoms screening upon entering the building. This screening will take place while the student is in the car prior to entering the building. It is our goal to prevent anyone who is symptomatic from entering the building. Any child or adult who is showing some symptom of COVID-19 will be required to return home. Please find attached a list of symptoms that have been associated with COVID-19.
- Students will be limited to groups of 50 in the gym for Before/After School.
- Classrooms without sinks will be provided with handwashing stations.
- Students will be asked to bring water bottles, labeled with the student’s name. Water bottle filling stations will be available.
Please keep in mind that our plans could change based on our local, regional, and state data and potential increase in positive COVID-19 cases.
Please click the button below for the full in-person learning plan.